Leviticus 27:14 - Numbers 1:54
14 “When a man dedicates his house as a holy gift to the Lord, the priest shall value it as either good or bad; as the priest values it, so it shall stand. 15 (A)And if the donor wishes to redeem his house, he shall add a (B)fifth to the valuation price, and it shall be his.
16 “If a man dedicates to the Lord part of the land that is his possession, then the valuation shall be in proportion to its seed. A homer[a] of barley seed shall be valued at fifty shekels of silver. 17 If he dedicates his field from the year of jubilee, the valuation shall stand, 18 but if he dedicates his field after the jubilee, then the priest shall (C)calculate the price according to the years that remain until the year of jubilee, and a deduction shall be made from the valuation. 19 (D)And if he who dedicates the field wishes to redeem it, then he shall add a (E)fifth to its valuation price, and it shall remain his. 20 But if he does not wish to redeem the field, or if he has sold the field to another man, it shall not be redeemed anymore. 21 But the field, (F)when it is released in the jubilee, shall be a holy gift to the Lord, like a field that has been (G)devoted. The priest shall be in (H)possession of it. 22 If he dedicates to the Lord a field that he has bought, (I)which is not a part of his possession, 23 (J)then the priest shall calculate the amount of the valuation for it up to the year of jubilee, and the man shall give the valuation on that day as a holy gift to the Lord. 24 (K)In the year of jubilee the field shall return to him from whom it was bought, to whom the land belongs as a possession. 25 Every valuation shall be according to (L)the shekel of the sanctuary: (M)twenty gerahs[b] shall make a shekel.
26 “But a (N)firstborn of animals, which as a firstborn belongs to the Lord, no man may dedicate; whether ox or sheep, it is the Lord's. 27 And if it is an unclean animal, then he shall buy it back at the valuation, (O)and add a fifth to it; or, if it is not redeemed, it shall be sold at the valuation.
28 “But (P)no devoted thing that a man devotes to the Lord, of anything that he has, whether man or beast, or of his inherited field, shall be sold or redeemed; every devoted thing is most holy to the Lord. 29 (Q)No one devoted, who is to be devoted for destruction[c] from mankind, shall be ransomed; he shall surely be put to death.
30 (R)“Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord. 31 If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it. 32 And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that (S)pass under the herdsman's staff, shall be holy to the Lord. 33 One shall not differentiate between good or bad, (T)neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”
A Census of Israel's Warriors
1 The Lord spoke to Moses (W)in the wilderness of Sinai, (X)in the tent of meeting, on the first day of the second month, in the second year after they had come out of the land of Egypt, saying, 2 (Y)“Take a census of all the congregation of the people of Israel, by clans, (Z)by fathers' houses, according to the number of names, every male, head by head. 3 (AA)From twenty years old and upward, all in Israel who are able to go to war, you and Aaron shall list them, (AB)company by company. 4 And there shall be with you a man from each tribe, each man being the head of the house of his fathers. 5 And these are the names of the men who shall assist you. From Reuben, (AC)Elizur the son of Shedeur; 6 from Simeon, (AD)Shelumiel the son of Zurishaddai; 7 from Judah, (AE)Nahshon the son of Amminadab; 8 from Issachar, (AF)Nethanel the son of Zuar; 9 from Zebulun, (AG)Eliab the son of Helon; 10 from the sons of Joseph, from Ephraim, (AH)Elishama the son of Ammihud, and from Manasseh, (AI)Gamaliel the son of Pedahzur; 11 from Benjamin, (AJ)Abidan the son of Gideoni; 12 from Dan, (AK)Ahiezer the son of Ammishaddai; 13 from Asher, (AL)Pagiel the son of Ochran; 14 from Gad, Eliasaph the son of (AM)Deuel; 15 from Naphtali, (AN)Ahira the son of Enan.” 16 These were the ones (AO)chosen from the congregation, (AP)the chiefs of their ancestral tribes, the heads of the clans of Israel.
17 Moses and Aaron took these men (AQ)who had been named, 18 and on the first day of the second month, they assembled the whole congregation together, who registered themselves by clans, by fathers' houses, according to the number of names from twenty years old and upward, head by head, 19 as the Lord commanded Moses. So he listed them in the wilderness of Sinai.
20 The people of (AR)Reuben, Israel's firstborn, their generations, by their clans, by their fathers' houses, according to the number of names, head by head, every male from twenty years old and upward, all who were able to go to war: 21 those listed of the tribe of Reuben were (AS)46,500.
22 Of the people of Simeon, their generations, by their clans, by their fathers' houses, those of them who were listed, according to the number of names, head by head, every male from twenty years old and upward, all who were able to go to war: 23 those listed of the tribe of Simeon were (AT)59,300.
24 Of the people of Gad, their generations, by their clans, by their fathers' houses, according to the number of the names, from twenty years old and upward, all who were able to go to war: 25 those listed of the tribe of Gad were (AU)45,650.
26 Of the people of Judah, their generations, by their clans, by their fathers' houses, according to the number of names, from twenty years old and upward, every man able to go to war: 27 those listed of the tribe of Judah were (AV)74,600.
28 Of the people of Issachar, their generations, by their clans, by their fathers' houses, according to the number of names, from twenty years old and upward, every man able to go to war: 29 those listed of the tribe of Issachar were (AW)54,400.
30 Of the people of Zebulun, their generations, by their clans, by their fathers' houses, according to the number of names, from twenty years old and upward, every man able to go to war: 31 those listed of the tribe of Zebulun were (AX)57,400.
32 Of the people of Joseph, namely, of the people of Ephraim, their generations, by their clans, by their fathers' houses, according to the number of names, from twenty years old and upward, every man able to go to war: 33 those listed of the tribe of Ephraim were (AY)40,500.
34 Of the people of Manasseh, their generations, by their clans, by their fathers' houses, according to the number of names, from twenty years old and upward, every man able to go to war: 35 those listed of the tribe of Manasseh were (AZ)32,200.
36 Of the people of Benjamin, their generations, by their clans, by their fathers' houses, according to the number of names, from twenty years old and upward, every man able to go to war: 37 those listed of the tribe of Benjamin were (BA)35,400.
38 Of the people of Dan, their generations, by their clans, by their fathers' houses, according to the number of names, from twenty years old and upward, every man able to go to war: 39 those listed of the tribe of Dan were (BB)62,700.
40 Of the people of Asher, their generations, by their clans, by their fathers' houses, according to the number of names, from twenty years old and upward, every man able to go to war: 41 those listed of the tribe of Asher were (BC)41,500.
42 Of the people of Naphtali, their generations, by their clans, by their fathers' houses, according to the number of names, from twenty years old and upward, every man able to go to war: 43 those listed of the tribe of Naphtali were (BD)53,400.
44 (BE)These are those who were listed, whom Moses and Aaron listed with the help of the chiefs of Israel, twelve men, each representing his fathers' house. 45 So all those listed of the people of Israel, by their fathers' houses, from twenty years old and upward, every man able to go to war in Israel— 46 all those listed were (BF)603,550.
47 But (BG)the Levites were not listed along with them by their ancestral tribe. 48 For the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 49 “Only the tribe of Levi you shall not list, and you shall not take a census of them among the people of Israel. 50 (BH)But appoint the Levites over the tabernacle of the testimony, and over all its furnishings, and over all that belongs to it. They are to carry the tabernacle and all its furnishings, and they shall take care of it (BI)and shall camp around the tabernacle. 51 (BJ)When the tabernacle is to set out, the Levites shall take it down, and when the tabernacle is to be pitched, the Levites shall set it up. (BK)And if any outsider comes near, he shall be put to death. 52 The people of Israel shall pitch their tents by their companies, each man in his own camp and (BL)each man by his own standard. 53 But the Levites shall camp around the tabernacle of the testimony, so that there may be no (BM)wrath on the congregation of the people of Israel. (BN)And the Levites shall keep guard over the tabernacle of the testimony.” 54 Thus did the people of Israel; they did according to all that the Lord commanded Moses.
- Leviticus 27:15 : ver. 13
- Leviticus 27:15 : [See ver. 13 above]; ch. 22:14
- Leviticus 27:18 : ver. 23; ch. 25:15, 16
- Leviticus 27:19 : ver. 13
- Leviticus 27:19 : [See ver. 13 above]; ch. 22:14
- Leviticus 27:21 : ch. 25:28, 30, 31, 33, 41
- Leviticus 27:21 : ver. 28
- Leviticus 27:21 : Num. 18:14; Ezek. 44:29
- Leviticus 27:22 : ch. 25:10, 25
- Leviticus 27:23 : ver. 18
- Leviticus 27:24 : ch. 25:28
- Leviticus 27:25 : ver. 3
- Leviticus 27:25 : See Ex. 30:13
- Leviticus 27:26 : See Ex. 13:2
- Leviticus 27:27 : ver. 11-13
- Leviticus 27:28 : ver. 21; Josh. 6:17-19; 1 Sam. 15:21
- Leviticus 27:29 : [Num. 21:2; Judg. 11:35]
- Leviticus 27:30 : Gen. 14:20; 28:22; Num. 18:21, 24; Deut. 14:28; 2 Chr. 31:5, 6, 12; Neh. 13:12; Mal. 3:8, 10
- Leviticus 27:32 : Ezek. 20:37; [Jer. 33:13]
- Leviticus 27:33 : ver. 10
- Leviticus 27:34 : ch. 26:46
- Leviticus 27:34 : ch. 25:1; 26:46
- Numbers 1:1 : ch. 10:11, 12; Ex. 19:1
- Numbers 1:1 : Ex. 25:22
- Numbers 1:2 : Ex. 30:12; 38:26; 2 Sam. 24:2; 1 Chr. 21:2; See ch. 26:2-51
- Numbers 1:2 : ver. 18, 20, 22; ch. 3:47; 1 Chr. 23:3, 24
- Numbers 1:3 : ch. 14:29; Ex. 30:14
- Numbers 1:3 : Ex. 12:51
- Numbers 1:5 : ch. 7:30
- Numbers 1:6 : ch. 7:36
- Numbers 1:7 : See Ex. 6:23
- Numbers 1:8 : ch. 7:18
- Numbers 1:9 : ch. 7:24
- Numbers 1:10 : ch. 7:48; 1 Chr. 7:26
- Numbers 1:10 : ch. 7:54
- Numbers 1:11 : ch. 7:60
- Numbers 1:12 : ch. 7:66
- Numbers 1:13 : ch. 7:72
- Numbers 1:14 : ch. 7:42
- Numbers 1:15 : ch. 7:78
- Numbers 1:16 : ch. 26:9
- Numbers 1:16 : ch. 7:2; [Ex. 18:21, 25]; See 1 Chr. 27:16-22
- Numbers 1:17 : 1 Chr. 12:31; 16:41; 2 Chr. 28:15; 31:19; Ezra 8:20
- Numbers 1:20 : For ver. 20-46, see ch. 2:3-32
- Numbers 1:21 : [ch. 26:7]
- Numbers 1:23 : [ch. 26:14]
- Numbers 1:25 : [ch. 26:18]
- Numbers 1:27 : [ch. 26:22; 2 Sam. 24:9]
- Numbers 1:29 : [ch. 26:25]
- Numbers 1:31 : [ch. 26:27]
- Numbers 1:33 : [ch. 26:37]
- Numbers 1:35 : [ch. 26:34]
- Numbers 1:37 : [ch. 26:41]
- Numbers 1:39 : [ch. 26:43]
- Numbers 1:41 : [ch. 26:47]
- Numbers 1:43 : [ch. 26:50]
- Numbers 1:44 : ch. 26:64
- Numbers 1:46 : Ex. 38:26; [ch. 11:21; 26:51; Ex. 12:37]
- Numbers 1:47 : ch. 2:33; [ch. 26:57, 58, 62]; See ch. 3; ch. 4; 1 Chr. 6
- Numbers 1:50 : ch. 3:7, 8; Ex. 38:21; See ch. 4:15-33
- Numbers 1:50 : See ch. 3:23-38
- Numbers 1:51 : ch. 10:17, 21
- Numbers 1:51 : ch. 3:10, 38; 18:22; [1 Sam. 6:19; 2 Sam. 6:6, 7; 1 Chr. 13:10]
- Numbers 1:52 : ch. 2:2, 34
- Numbers 1:53 : ch. 8:19; 16:46; 18:5
- Numbers 1:53 : ch. 3:7, 8, 38; 8:26; 9:19, 23; 18:3-5; 31:30, 47; 1 Chr. 23:32; [2 Chr. 13:11]
The Triumphal Entry
11 (A)Now when they drew near to Jerusalem, to (B)Bethphage and Bethany, at (C)the Mount of Olives, Jesus[a] sent (D)two of his disciples 2 and said to them, “Go into the village in front of you, and immediately as you enter it you will find a colt tied, (E)on which no one has ever sat. Untie it and bring it. 3 If anyone says to you, ‘Why are you doing this?’ say, ‘The Lord has need of it and will send it back here immediately.’” 4 And they went away and found a colt tied at a door outside in the street, and they untied it. 5 And some of those standing there said to them, “What are you doing, untying the colt?” 6 And they told them what Jesus had said, and they let them go. 7 And they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their cloaks on it, and he sat on it. 8 And many (F)spread their cloaks on the road, and others spread leafy branches that they had cut from the fields. 9 And those who went before and those who followed were shouting, (G)“Hosanna! (H)Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! 10 Blessed is (I)the coming (J)kingdom of (K)our father (L)David! (M)Hosanna (N)in the highest!”
Jesus Curses the Fig Tree
12 (Q)On the following day, when they came from Bethany, (R)he was hungry. 13 (S)And seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to see if he could find anything on it. When he came to it, he found nothing but leaves, for (T)it was not the season for figs. 14 And he said to it, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard it.
Jesus Cleanses the Temple
15 (U)And they came to Jerusalem. And he entered the temple and began to drive out those who sold and those who bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of (V)the money-changers and the seats of those who sold (W)pigeons. 16 And he would not allow anyone to carry anything through the temple. 17 And he was teaching them and saying to them, “Is it not written, (X)‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all the nations’? But (Y)you have made it a den of robbers.” 18 And the chief priests and the scribes heard it and (Z)were seeking a way to destroy him, for they feared him, because (AA)all the crowd was astonished at his teaching. 19 (AB)And when evening came they[b] went out of the city.
The Lesson from the Withered Fig Tree
20 (AC)As they passed by in the morning, they saw the fig tree withered away to its roots. 21 And Peter remembered and said to him, (AD)“Rabbi, look! The fig tree that you cursed has withered.” 22 And Jesus answered them, “Have (AE)faith in God. 23 (AF)Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, (AG)‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not (AH)doubt in his heart, but (AI)believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. 24 Therefore I tell you, (AJ)whatever you ask in prayer, (AK)believe that you (AL)have received[c] it, and it will be yours. 25 And whenever (AM)you stand praying, (AN)forgive, (AO)if you have anything against anyone, so that (AP)your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”[d]
- Mark 11:1 : For ver. 1-10, see Matt. 21:1-9; Luke 19:29-38; John 12:12-15; [Zech. 9:9]
- Mark 11:1 : Matt. 21:17; Luke 24:50; John 11:18
- Mark 11:1 : Zech. 14:4; Matt. 24:3; 26:30; John 8:1; [Acts 1:12]
- Mark 11:1 : [ch. 14:13]
- Mark 11:2 : [Luke 23:53]
- Mark 11:8 : 2 Kgs. 9:13
- Mark 11:9 : See Ps. 118:25 (Heb.)
- Mark 11:9 : Matt. 23:39; Cited from Ps. 118:26
- Mark 11:10 : See Luke 1:32
- Mark 11:10 : [Ezek. 37:24, 25]
- Mark 11:10 : [Acts 2:29]
- Mark 11:10 : [Ezek. 37:24, 25]
- Mark 11:10 : [See ver. 9 above]; See Ps. 118:25 (Heb.)
- Mark 11:10 : Luke 2:14; [Ps. 148:1]
- Mark 11:11 : Matt. 21:10
- Mark 11:11 : ver. 19; Matt. 21:17
- Mark 11:12 : For ver. 12-14, see Matt. 21:18, 19
- Mark 11:12 : Matt. 4:2
- Mark 11:13 : [Luke 13:6-9]
- Mark 11:13 : ch. 13:28
- Mark 11:15 : For ver. 15-18, see Matt. 21:12-16; Luke 19:45-47; [John 2:14-16]
- Mark 11:15 : [Ex. 30:13]
- Mark 11:15 : Lev. 1:14; 5:7; 12:8; Luke 2:24
- Mark 11:17 : Cited from Isa. 56:7
- Mark 11:17 : Jer. 7:11
- Mark 11:18 : See Matt. 21:46
- Mark 11:18 : See Matt. 7:28
- Mark 11:19 : Luke 21:37; [ver. 11]
- Mark 11:20 : For ver. 20-24, see Matt. 21:19-22
- Mark 11:21 : See John 1:38
- Mark 11:22 : Eph. 3:12; Phil. 3:9
- Mark 11:23 : Matt. 17:20
- Mark 11:23 : [Ps. 46:2; 1 Cor. 13:2; Rev. 8:8]
- Mark 11:23 : Rom. 4:20; 14:23; James 1:6
- Mark 11:23 : [ch. 16:17; John 14:12]
- Mark 11:24 : See Matt. 7:7
- Mark 11:24 : [See ver. 23 above]; [ch. 16:17; John 14:12]
- Mark 11:24 : [Isa. 65:24; Matt. 6:8]
- Mark 11:25 : Matt. 6:5; Luke 18:11
- Mark 11:25 : See Matt. 6:14
- Mark 11:25 : Col. 3:13; [Matt. 5:23; 6:15]
- Mark 11:25 : Matt. 7:11
God Is Our Fortress
46 God is our (C)refuge and strength,
a very (D)present[b] help in (E)trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear (F)though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into (G)the heart of the sea,
3 though (H)its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah
4 There is (I)a river whose streams make glad (J)the city of God,
the holy (K)habitation of the Most High.
5 (L)God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved;
God will help her when morning dawns.
6 (M)The nations rage, the kingdoms totter;
he (N)utters his voice, the earth (O)melts.
7 (P)The Lord of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah
8 (Q)Come, behold the works of the Lord,
how he has brought desolations on the earth.
9 (R)He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
he (S)breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
(T)he burns the chariots with fire.
10 (U)“Be still, and know that I am God.
(V)I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!”
11 (W)The Lord of hosts is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah
- Psalm 46:1 : Ps. 42, title
- Psalm 46:1 : 1 Chr. 15:20
- Psalm 46:1 : See Ps. 14:6
- Psalm 46:1 : Ps. 145:18; Deut. 4:7
- Psalm 46:1 : Ps. 9:9
- Psalm 46:2 : [Ps. 18:7]
- Psalm 46:2 : Ezek. 27:26
- Psalm 46:3 : [Ps. 93:3, 4; Jer. 5:22]
- Psalm 46:4 : Ps. 36:8; 65:9; [Isa. 8:6; 33:21; Rev. 22:1, 2]
- Psalm 46:4 : Ps. 48:1; 87:3; [Isa. 60:14]
- Psalm 46:4 : Ps. 43:3; 84:1
- Psalm 46:5 : Lev. 26:12; Deut. 23:14; Isa. 12:6; Ezek. 43:7, 9; Hos. 11:9; Joel 2:27; Zeph. 3:15; Zech. 2:5, 10, 11; 8:3
- Psalm 46:6 : Ps. 2:1
- Psalm 46:6 : Ps. 18:13; 68:33; 76:8; Jer. 25:30; Joel 2:11; 3:16; Amos 1:2
- Psalm 46:6 : Ex. 15:15; Josh. 2:9, 24; Amos 9:5
- Psalm 46:7 : ver. 11; 2 Chr. 13:12; 20:17; [Num. 14:9]
- Psalm 46:8 : Ps. 66:5
- Psalm 46:9 : Isa. 2:4; Mic. 4:3
- Psalm 46:9 : Ps. 76:3; 1 Sam. 2:4
- Psalm 46:9 : Ezek. 39:9
- Psalm 46:10 : [Ex. 14:13]
- Psalm 46:10 : Isa. 2:11, 17; 33:10
- Psalm 46:11 : [See ver. 7 above]; ver. 11; 2 Chr. 13:12; 20:17; [Num. 14:9]